Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The new area for the Poultry Palace






This is the area where we are going to build the poultry palace - I will be able to watch my chickens from the kitchen window and dining room. The fence has now been pulled down between the BBQ area and the alloted spot. My mum is a keen gardener so she will be putting lots of geraniums and the like around the outside of the chook yard to help with visual appeal and smell ;-) My lovely husband is also going to build me a 'proper' chook house with raised timber floor so it will be easier to clean and help with air circulation (especially in summer). The current chook yard is not that far from the house and we rarely get smell so I cannot see it being a problem for us. I'm really starting to get excited about the whole idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment